WASH THE CAT

PG DIP CHARACTER ANIMATION
FINAL ASSESSMENT-TERM 2
CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN

STORYBOARD/ANIMATIC
As usual I began with the Storyboard an Animatic. The story was simple so the Animatic was focused in showing both characters and paying attention in their reactions (with many close ups which helps very much to reduced the time to animate). A good Animatic is one of the main keys. You'll see how similar is to the final piece.


CHARACTER DESIGN
The cat is a simple design which took me a couple of hours to make. It involves the main elements that I can see in a cat: mystery, secret, style. The challenge to model him in Maya took me almost 4 days because the body is just like a tent but must be perfect, without imperfections, plastic.


I modeled Paw-Paw completely in Maya and for the mouth I used a texture made in Illustrator.


Finally I had my two characters. Everything was already textured and ready to be animated.


ANIMATION PROCESS
About one week before the end date I finished my animation. I was ready to start with the backgrounds, lights and music. Here, you can see the las edit of WASH THE CAT only with the action.


This is the last test of lights which I made in Maya. Finally I decided to change the background for some with less detail to concentrate the attention on the characters and the story.


THE SHORT-FILM
This is the result of my short film made during the last period of my second term in Central Saint Martins. All you can listen and watch is produced by myself: Visual direction, Modeling of the characters, Animation, Post production and Music. Thanks Patrick Jones for the stunning voices of Paw-Paw the cat!

No hay comentarios: